The economical impact of losses due to cybercriminality is estimated to several hundreds of billions of euros per year (445 billions of dollars, according to a McAfee/CSIS study in 2014) wih a large increase in attacks, for instance identity and data thefts and malicious attacks.
Vulnerabilities and Protections are covered, with for instance:
- Robustness of critical infrastructures when facing cyberattacks (e.g., stuxnet, wannacry),
- Robustness of security components when facing software vulnerabilities and data leakage (e. g., heartbleed),
- Privacy protection and cloud infrastructure security,
- Robust design and evaluation of security components,
- Detection of vulnerabilities in protocols for hardware and software components.
Topics covered in the training include additional areas of Cybersecurity, such as cryptology, forensics, fuzzing or anonymization, especially for embedded systems and distributed architectures.