Published: October 23, 2006
Grenoble is a major high tech city in France, sometimes referred to as the French Silicon Valley and home to 18,000 jobs in Information Technology. Moreover, it has recently been hailed as the world wide innovative center in micro and nanotechnology and embedded systems.
The fields of applied mathematics, computer science, signal
processing and control bring together more than 500 academics, and more than 1,300 if PhD and post docs are included.
The research in pursued within joint labs supported by the local universities (University Grenoble 1- Joseph Fourier, University Pierre Mendes France and the Grenoble Institute of Technology) and national research centres
). Moreover, world-wide major companies carry out active research in their own labs: Xerox, Bull, HP, Sun, STMicroelectronics, FranceTelecom, SFR, ...
Since decades Grenoble's research in the IT field has been acknowledged by the excellence of its laboratories. The following laboratories of the Grenoble Institute of Technolgy are the partners of the Ensimag school:
- G-SCOP, Grenoble-Sciences for Design, Optimization and Production
- gipsa-lab : grenoble Images Signal Parole et Automatique
- ICA, Informatique et Création Artistique
- LIG, Laboratoire d'Informatique de Grenoble
- LJK, Jean Kuntzmann laboratory
- TIMA, Techniques of Informatics and Microelectronics for Computer Architecture
- TIMC, Techniques for biomedical engineering and complexity management
- VERIMAG, Embedded systems
- LAFMIA : Laboratoire Mixte Franco-Mexicain d'Informatique et
- MICA, Multimedia Information, Communication and Applications (Hanoi)
Many research groups of these laboratories have gained international recognition for their scientific contributions, acknowledgement which has led them to be involved in a considerable number of industrial collaborations as well as in several European Networks of Excellence and other international projects. The 2007 Turing awards delivered to our collegue Joseph Sifakis is probably the best illustration of this quality
École nationale supérieure d'informatique et de mathématiques appliquées
681, rue de la passerelle - Domaine universitaire - BP 72 - 38402 SAINT MARTIN D'HERES
Copyright Grenoble INP