Security of wireless networks.
The objectives of this class is to study the security
of the following wireless systems and networks: 802.11, GSM/UMTS, RFID
and Wireless Sensor Networks.
1. Introduction to Wireless Systems and Security
2. Wireless LAN Security (WEP, WPA, 802.1X….)
3. Wireless LAN Security Lab: attacks and counter-measures (hand-on exercises)
4. Cellular Network Security (GSM, UMTS security, attacks on GSM networks)
5. Ubiquitous Networking Security (Wireless Sensor Network Security, RFID
Security and Privacy, Bluetooth security).
Basic knowledge in networking, security and cryptography.
The exam is given in english only
This course is given in english only