> Formation > Cursus ingénieur
Learn basic concepts of computer networking and acquire practical notions of protocol implementations.
The purpose of this lecture is to give you a sound understanding of computer networking, with a strong emphasis on TCP/IP and the Internet model. Both theoretical and practical knowledge should be acquired. Training classes parallel to the course will give you an opportunity of learning implementation details and you will acquire practical knowledge through networking labs.
Contact Olivier ALPHAND
This lecture will focus on the TCP/IP protocol stack. After an introductory presentation of the main concepts, we will study:
- physical layer: data transmission;
- data link layer: local area networks, error protection ;
- network layer: IP and routing protocols;
- transport layer: TCP, the socket API;
- traffic control: flow control, congestion control.
- Setting up a network;
- LAN, VLAN, ARP, IPv6 ND ;
- Interconnection, routing, RIP ;
- TCP/UDP ;
- NAT, firewall ;
- Sockets programming.
The exam is given in english only
This course is given in english only
J. Kurose and K. Ross, Computer Networking. Addison Wesley. (Analyse structurée des réseaux)
A. Tanenbaum, Computer Networks, 4th ed. Prentice Hall. (Réseaux, 4e édition.)
R. Stevens, TCP/IP Illustrated, Volume 1: The Protocols, Addison-Wesley.
L. Toutain, Réseaux locaux et Internet. Hermès.