The first part is an introduction to , transmission of information in a digital communication system It presents the digital modulation techniques. The second part presents advanced topics in signal processing for baseband digital communication. Introduction to recent advances in modulation and coding.
Contact Laurent ROS
1. Introduction to digital transmissions
2.. Digital modulations on carrier frequency (representation of bandpass signals, spectral power density, Quadrature Amplitude Modulation, Phase Modulation, performance with ideal channel, _)
Second part :
1. Overview of the physical layer.
2. Channel modeling (additive white Gaussian noise, intersymbol interference, flat fading channels, multipath channels)
3. Synchronization techniques for non selective channel (carrier and timing)
4. Single carrier transmission (optimum receiver structure, equalization)
5. Advanced modulation schemes (OFDM, CDMA) and related receivers.
6. Trends: array processing (beamforming, MIMO, space-time coding), turbo receivers.
Probability and statistics, error-correcting codes, random and deterministic signal processing, transmission systems.
The exam is given in english only
for Session 1:
written examination with allowed documents (N1)
reports associated to pratical work (N2)
for Session 2:
written examination with alowed documents (N1)
N = 0.7*N1 + 0.3*N2
N = N1
This course is given in english only
Gordon L. Stuber. Principles of Mobile Communication. Kluwer, 2000.
David Tse, Pramod Viswanath. Fundamentals of Wireless Communication. Cambridge University Press, 2005.