> Formation > Cursus ingénieur
Lectures give an overview of the techniques used in optical telecommunication area. Advanced optical
components and functions are presented and the different optical fiber transmission systems are introduced.
Labs give a practical approach to the main optical communication devices and systems.
Basic components of optical links
• Emission / reception: lser diodes, exteral modulators, photodiodes
• Optical modulation and amplification
• Digital, analog and hybrid radio–over–fiber optical fiber systems
• Optical fibers
• Wavelength Division Miltiplexing
• Optical fiber networks: long haul transmission systems, Fiber To The Home.
Basic knowledge in electromagnetism, optical devices and microwaves.
The exam is given in english only
Average mark calculated from:
lab reports (1/3)
written examination (2/3)
This course is given in english only
 A. Yariv "Optical Electronics in Modern Communications," Oxford University Press, 1997.
 Govin P. Agrawal "Fiber optics communication systems," John Wiley & Sons, 2nd edition, 1997.
 Decusatis C. "Handbook of Fiber Optic Data Communication: A Practical Guide to Optical Networking," Academic Press, 3rd edition, 2008.